Yesterday, Wednesday 10th July, at 5.37pm, 3 fire engines from Bridgwater, were sent to St John Street, to reports of a smoke detector sounding and smoke coming from a property.

On arrival, it was confirmed there was smoke coming from a 2 storey flat.

2 firefighters in breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet entered the property, it was unclear at that time as to whether all persons were safe.

A thorough search was carried out and an unattended pan was found to be the cause of the smoke.

It was confirmed that all persons were accounted for.

Crews isolated the electricity and removed the pan to the open air. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the property of smoke. The flat sustained only smoke damage.

The cause was accidental.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here